With Fibromyalgia, stepping out everyday is not possible for every warrior. Yet, there are days when you want to step out and get some fresh air. Be it your birthday, an anniversary, a little picnic or even grocery shopping, it's a special occasion when a fibromyalgfia warrior needs to spend the entire day out of home.
Here are 11 Tips to smartly plan a day out when you have #Fibromyalgia:
1. Plan one day in advance / same day if you are having a bad pain month.
2. Opt for a short movie / play. I went for a 1.5 hour play with comfortable seating. No hard seats, no neck twisting.
3. Have someone drive you.
4. Keep yourself hydrated.
5. Avoid certain foods that you know cause you trouble for a couple of days before your day out.
6. Don't be in the same position for long. Sit, stand and walk and intervals.
7. Don't feel bad if you have to return home mid-way or cancel some plans if the symptoms worsen during the day. It's ok, you tried!
8. Don't carry heavy bags / purses.
9. Wear very comfortable clothing and footwear.
10. Remember to carry your medicines and pain sprays.
11. Try to have the next day/s free for resting and recuperating.
Please feel free to add your personal tips to this list!
Image courtesy of hyena reality at FreeDigitalPhotos.net