|Fibromyalgia and scorching heat|
I did my research and found that fibromyalgia patients suffer from both cold and heat intolerance. This might be related to the hypersensitivity we experience.
Well, the more we know, the better. All we can so is protect ourselves from extreme temperatures. So if summer is bothering you, here are some measures you can take (please try what makes you feel comfortable):
- Keep yourself sufficiently hydrated.
- Eat good amount of fruits and veggies
- Include curd / yoghurt and whole grains in your meals
- Avoid spicy and fried food
- Do not over-exert yourself
- Try to manage your schedule in a way that you do not need to step out in the afternoon
- Cover your head and skin from scorching heat - use an umbrella / scarf and shades
- Wear comfortable cotton clothing, avoid body-hugging garments; try cooling vests
- Keep a lozenge handy if you step out in the sun and have dry throat / feel dizzy