If you have a chronic illness, I am certain there was a time when you were very active and managed to do just about everything in a day. It's tough to come to terms with the limited abilities of our body. So while it's considered good to push ourselves, we must ascertain that we do not do so in a way that harms us. Like in the case of fibromyalgia - Exercise does not work for everyone.
The key mantra is - LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!
Here is a list of 10 things you should consider to ensure you take good care of yourself:
- Say YES only when your body says you can.
- REST after doing what you decided to do.
- Learn to say NO when you can't.
- Make NOTES and remember to refer them.
- IGNORE indifferent people and comments. Tough, but TRY.
- Try not to EXPECT anything from anyone.
- EAT well.
- WALK whenever you can.
- PLAY. Even if it's on your phone.
- Try to SLEEP.
Have a take-care-of-yourself day. EVERYDAY.
Feel free to share your tips in the comments below or on our Facebook Page so that we can learn from each other.
Image courtesy of FrameAngel at FreeDigitalPhotos.net